Joyce joined SPR in 2016 and has previously served as the Connecticut Director of Environment Northeast, now Acadia Center, where she acted as lead counsel on issues before the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority and focused on advancing policy and regulatory solutions to transform the energy system. She also served as the State Senate President’s designated environmental representative on the Connecticut Energy Advisory Board.
Her work in Connecticut and in the Northeast advocated for expanded investment in cost-effective energy efficiency and working to protect and strengthen existing policy mechanisms to decarbonize the electric supply. In addition, Joyce has extensive experience in intellectual property disputes and transactions, specifically relating to patents, trademarks, and copyrights, and has on numerous occasions been named one of New York’s Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Intellectual Property.
During law school, Joyce was the president of the Carolina-Public Interest Law Organization and chair of the SBA Public Service Committee, was recognized as the UNC Pro Bono Program’s Student of the Year, and was elected to the James E. and Carolyn B. Davis Society, one of the most prestigious societies at Carolina Law, recognizing academic and personal excellence and a willingness to serve.
- Acadia Center, Secretary, Board of Directors
- Asian American Bar Association of New York, Member
- Co-author, Policy Paper: Connecticut Energy Policy & the Role of Efficiency, University of Connecticut School of Law, Center for Energy and Environmental Law, April 2011
- Music by the Glass, Board of Directors
- WOTUS Rule Reinstated in 26 States through Nationwide Injunction of Trump Administration “Suspension Rule”
- SPR attorneys recognized in wind energy Top 100 Legal Power List and Best Lawyers in America®
- Reviving a Clean Energy Agenda, New Jersey Sets an Ambitious Wind Energy Goal
- New Jersey Establishes Stringent Drinking Water Standards for Emerging Contaminants
- New York State Unveils Methane Reduction Plan
- Sive, Paget & Riesel awarded top ranking for New York environmental law firms by Chambers & Partners