The New York City Department of Environmental Protection (“NYCDEP”) has issued new asbestos regulations, which became effective February 3, 2011. Examples of new provisions include:
- revisions to the definitions of “asbestos project” and “building materials”;
- new requirements for the contents of work place safety plans;
- clarification of certain items subject to the asbestos exemption certification;
- modifications to monitoring report requirements; and
- new specifications for required signage.
All property owners and contractors should be sure they are in compliance with the latest regulations. Please contact us for more information on these recent changes.