Skip to content

Projects

Empire Stores

SPR serves and environmental and construction counsel for the developer in connection with the restoration and redevelopment of the historic “Empire Stores” warehouses located in Brooklyn Bridge Park.  The warehouses were initially constructed between 1869 and 1885, and were used to store coffee and other goods along the East River, but remained largely abandoned between the 1960s and the commencement of redevelopment in 2013.  Now transformed into an office, restaurant, and retail complex, the Empire Stores have been described as the “crown jewel” of the Park.