On February 7-8, 2019, SPR principals Daniel Riesel and Pamela Esterman will co-chair the 49th annual ALI CLE Environmental Law Course in Washington, DC. The course, which is co-sponsored by ALI CLE and the Environmental Law Institute, will feature advanced-level presentations by senior public officials, distinguished law professors, seasoned private practitioners, and experienced public interest advocates. This year’s conference will include a keynote address from the EPA Acting Administrator, Andrew R. Wheeler.
In addition to chairing the course, Daniel Riesel will lead a panel on CERCLA and RCRA, and Pamela Esterman will lead a panel on ethical issues associated with environmental practice. Principal Dan Chorost will speak about developments in renewable energy, particularly offshore wind.
Additional panels will cover the following topics:
- Challenges and Changes in Environmental Law: What to Expect in the Coming Year;
- Emerging Contaminants: Risk Assessment, Regulatory Uncertainty, and Potential Consequences;
- A New Supreme Court: How Justice Kavanaugh’s Vote May Impact Environmental Policies;
- Recent Developments Under the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act;
- The Endangered Species Act and Public Lands;
- Climate Change: State, Local, and International Activity, and
- NEPA and Environmental Justice.
For those unable to attend the live conference in Washington, D.C., this program is also available via video webcast. For more detailed information and online registration, please visit the course website.